Sunday, December 8, 2013

What Love Means To Me...

What love means to me...
When I picture my life with my soul mate/life partner I see a handsome man. I see a nice house, car, a few children. I see us both in our careers and we are very happy. However, there is a flip side to that. I do not necessarily have to be with a man because that's what society potrays.I am very open about my sexuality. Does that make me a lesbian?? No, it makes me aware of my likes and dislikes. I am a strong believer of "Never Say Never". You cannot help who and what you are attracted to. We all have an energy that connects one person to another for whatever reason. Sometimes it's worth exploring and sometimes it's not. In the end be with whom ever makes you happy. It's not always about the gender of the person, race, color,  social class status, financial status ect. It should be solely based on your connection with that person. It's also about how happy you are to be in the presences of the one you admire, adore & love. I never veiw love as beneficial. I always veiw it as free, honest, friendly, and forever growing. Love has no color or any of those things I mentioned. Though it is an action word. Love has always been free. Give love because you have it to give. Not because you want to benefit from what you have given. I love hard & I love very deeply. I have a free spirit. I am unlike any other human being. I am me. I see things in others that they may not see in themselves. I sense others needs just by looking in there face. However, as I have experienced failed relationships & friendship, I am aware of all that I could have done differently. I am aware that some people are just solely meant for you to experience, grow from and move on. As I get older, I become less unapologetic about who I am and who I am going to be. Love has always been the filter in my life. I love me, but not as much as I love to love others. My love comes from giving to others. Sometimes I give too much and I surely have a hard time receiving love. I have much more to learn and a lot more to experience so that I can continue to grow. I am love and love is me. What does love mean to you??

No comments:

Post a Comment